Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/10 16:26:46 UTC

Proposed October 2015 MyFaces Board report

Here's my proposed board report.  Comments welcome.  I plan on
submitting the report to the board on Wednesday morning EST.

Report from the Apache MyFaces committee [Mike Kienenberger]

   The Apache MyFaces project is an umbrella project of the Apache
Software Foundation for projects relating to the JavaServer Faces
(JSF) technology.

## Activity and health:
JSF Implementation:
 - Apache Myfaces Core is healthy and in maintenance mode.

UI-Component Sets:
 - Apache Tobago is healthy and active.
 - Apache Trinidad had three maintenance commits by two different new
contributors, which was encouraged by having issue reporters submit
fixes for their own issues.  There may still be life in this project.
 - Myfaces Tomahawk is in maintenance mode.  Last commit on behalf of
a contributor was April 2015.

Add-ons and Extensions:
 - Apache MyFaces Portlet Bridge is in maintenance mode.  Last
developer commit was Jan 2014.  Last commit on behalf of a contributor
was May 2015.  We added that contributor who indicated interest in the
project in May, but no activity has been forthcoming.
 - Apache MyFaces CODI is in maintenance mode. CODI was replaced by
Apache DeltaSpike so new development happens there.  Last commit March
2014.
 - Apache MyFaces Orchestra is in maintenance mode.  New projects use
CDI and DeltaSpike instead.  Last commit December 2014.
 - Apache MyFaces ExtVal is in maintenance mode. Last commit June 2014.
 - Apache MyFaces Commons is in maintenance mode.  Last commit Auguest 2012.
 - Apache MyFaces Ext-Scripting is in maintenance mode.  Last commit Dec 2012.
 - Apache MyFaces Test is in maintenance mode (Used by Myfaces Core).
Last commit June 2014.

 - Our latest committer started a review of all open issues.   We've
developed a issue closing policy and issues that are unlikely to be
addressed are being closed.
 - Added 1 new PMC member.

## Issues:
 - There are no new issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Community changes:

 - Currently 76 committers and 40 PMC members.
 - Paul Nicolucci was added to the committee group on Thu Jul 16 2015
 - Last committer addition was Thomas Andraschko at Thu Jul 02 2015

## Releases:

 - Apache Tobago 1.0.42 released on July 16 2015

## Mailing list activity:

 - users@myfaces.apache.org:
    - 752 subscribers (down -3 in the last 3 months):

 - dev@myfaces.apache.org:
    - 316 subscribers (down -1 in the last 3 months):

 - tck@myfaces.apache.org:
    - 19 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months)

 - notifications@myfaces.apache.org:

 - announce@myfaces.apache.org:

## JIRA activity: