Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Inge Solvoll <ta...@ingenett.com> on 2005/09/08 16:15:46 UTC

Form rendering and listeners problem

Hi

I guess this is a pretty common problem that has been discussed many
times on this list. But I haven't found any solutions yet while
searching the web.

The problem:

I have a couple of ListEdit components on my page, where I want to track
which of the elements have been checked when the listener is called. But
the values in the ListEditMap are updated after the listener is called,
so I'm stuck.

I guess this happens because the buttons that are connected to my
listeners are rendered before the ListEdit components during the form
rewind? Anyway, I have solved the problem for now by calling my
listeners from the forms listener, which is called after all values are
updated. But this solution is less elegant I think.

Maybe it would also work if I put the button with the listener after the
map in the html. But I can't do this, at least not without some ugly
hacks in the template using hidden submit and some scripting.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Inge