Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2006/11/03 23:20:56 UTC

[RT] Shielded classloading

Trunk has now this nice feature called shielded classloading (which is
an improved version of the paranoid classloader).

Currently our own plugin moves classes and libs to WEB-INF/cocoon/.
As we got bored by discussing which logging framework to use, I think
it's more fun to discuss directory names/locations these days.

I think it would be better if we use a directory name which is
independent of "cocoon" for this stuff.
Why?
a) because shielded classloading is not Cocoon specific - it's used for
the whole webapp.
b) I hope that we get this support into the Maven war plugin some day
and then a more general directory layout would directly fit.

So I propose that we move WEB-INF/classes to WEB-INF/shielded-classes
and WEB-INF/libs to WEB-INF/shielded-libs.

WDYT?
Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler - Chief Architect
http://www.s-und-n.de

Re: [RT] Shielded classloading

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> So I propose that we move WEB-INF/classes to WEB-INF/shielded-classes
>> and WEB-INF/libs to WEB-INF/shielded-libs.
>
> Looks OK to me. Wouldn't WEB-INF/shielded/classes and WEB-INF/shielded/libs be
> slightly better? Anyway, +1.

Yepp - I just changed the code according to your suggestion.

Carsten

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> So I propose that we move WEB-INF/classes to WEB-INF/shielded-classes
> and WEB-INF/libs to WEB-INF/shielded-libs.

Looks OK to me. Wouldn't WEB-INF/shielded/classes and WEB-INF/shielded/libs be
slightly better? Anyway, +1.

Vadim

Re: [RT] Shielded classloading

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.