Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Dick, Brian E." <Br...@FMR.com> on 2005/01/19 14:17:34 UTC

Stopping an ant target

This is more of a java question, but I would appreciate your help.

I have a java application that I start from ant. This program
continuously monitors our database for cpu utilization, connection
attempts, and other general health statistics.

Currently, when I want to stop the application for maintenance, I kill
its process. Yuk! What is a more graceful way of stopping my java
application? Should I make it a RMI server and use a RMI client to stop
it? I have never done RMI, but I'm sure I can find examples. Is there a
simpler way to accomplish this?

Thanks,
BEDick