Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de> on 2002/02/23 13:18:59 UTC

RE: [simplestore] alt. not JDBC Storage and AccessControl [was: AccessControl]

Juozas,

>As I understand you are working on security.

;) I try. Some questions:
Acl => List which holds to each Principal a Set of AclEntry's
AclEntry => entry in an Access Control List
Permission => used to grant a particular type of access
to a resource
Principal => used to represent any entity, such as an
individual, a corporation, and a login id.

For me the Acl is a simple Hashmap, which holds for each
Prinicpal a Set of AclEntry's. Key is the Principal and
value is a Set of AclEntry's.
There are two AclEntry with one READ and one WRITE Permission.

In our case each Acl contains ony one AclEntry for an Principal,
either READ or WRITE .

What do you think?

>I am going to write more tests, I know we will have some problems with
>transactions,

Wise guy....

>I will review OjectBridge today, I believe I will find good ideas for
>mapping.
>And we need to start implementation for some "Not JDBC Storage", we will
>made les bugs in design if we will have two Storage implementations.
>I thaught abaut BerkleyDB ( transactional  BTree implementation ), but
>there are some good JAVA implementation on sourceforge.

Ok your choice! As you know I use Jisp in Cocoon, but there's a problem
with long String keys in the moment (Scott will fix this in his new
releas). But this point is very important and maybe there are some
better impl. around.

>I think we will see a lot of dissadvantages in design then we start to
>implement some BTreeStorage.

Ambitous ;), but kool. I think that's not that hard.

  ~Gerhard

Re: [simplestore] alt. not JDBC Storage and AccessControl [was: AccessControl]

Posted by Juozas Baliuka <ba...@centras.lt>.
Hi,
I started to implement mappings and xml metadata, I will generate parsers at
this time,
we will use some better xml parsing tools later.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

RE: [simplestore] alt. not JDBC Storage and AccessControl [was: AccessControl]

Posted by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Juozas Baliuka <ba...@centras.lt>.
Hi,

Posted by Juozas Baliuka <ba...@centras.lt>.
> >As I understand you are working on security.
>
> ;) I try. Some questions:
> Acl => List which holds to each Principal a Set of AclEntry's
> AclEntry => entry in an Access Control List
> Permission => used to grant a particular type of access
> to a resource
> Principal => used to represent any entity, such as an
> individual, a corporation, and a login id.
>
> For me the Acl is a simple Hashmap, which holds for each
> Prinicpal a Set of AclEntry's. Key is the Principal and
> value is a Set of AclEntry's.
> There are two AclEntry with one READ and one WRITE Permission.
>
> In our case each Acl contains ony one AclEntry for an Principal,
> either READ or WRITE .
>
> What do you think?

Yes, it must be trivial to implement. A single problem is login , I don't
see any
authentication in Acl we must usesomething this kind :

 AuthenticationManager.login("user","password");
 object.setSomething(something);//throws security exception if "user" has no
permission on method
                                  // or some pluged AuthorizationManager
decides to throw this;

login implementation :
 login(String user, String password){
  // weak keys, not values !!!
   weakMap.put(Thread.currentThread(), new PrincipalImpl(user));

}
Principal  currentPrincipal(){

 return (Principal)weakMap.get(Thread.currentThread());

}

// code in proxy :
invoke(......){
 Principal p = AuthenticationManager.currentPrincipal(); // null if not
authenticated
   check(p, .....);

<scip>