Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Jeff Pierce <ha...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/13 16:20:17 UTC

Upgrading Derby jar file

We have a custom portal built on Jetspeed 2.2.0 and it uses a Derby
database version of 10.3.2.1.  We currently do not store PSML in the
database but plan to in a future release.

Our portal app uses Derby and we'd like to use one of the database
migration frameworks such as Flyaway (http://code.google.com/p/flyway/).
 However, it requires a newer version of Derby.

Our plan is to replace the Derby jar file in tomcat/lib with a newer
version.

We would be replacing the jar file in existing installations but keeping
the existing "old" jetspeed database files.

We've done some preliminary testing and it seems to be working OK.

Does anyone know of a reason why we shouldn't do this or any gotchas to
look out for?

Upgrading Jetspeed is not an option at this time.

Thanks.