Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Matteo Tarantino <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/07 11:09:14 UTC

Routing distance with Solr?

Hi all,
this is my first message on this mailing list, so I hope I'm doing all
correctly.

My problem is: I have to create a search engine of dealers that are in a
well defined routing distance from the address entered by the user. I have
already used Solr for some previous works, but I never needed geospatial
search, so i'm a newbie in this field.

On the web I have read that Solr can calculate only the distance "as the
crow flies" between two points, but for my purposes I need the exact
routing distance. This is not possible with Solr, can you confirm this? (If
so, I think I'll have to refine results with additional calculations with
GoogleMap Api's or some OSM tools like GraphHopper)

Thank you in advance!
Matteo

Re: Routing distance with Solr?

Posted by "david.w.smiley@gmail.com" <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
This is definitely not possible with Solr.  Use GraphHopper.
~ David

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 5:09 AM, Matteo Tarantino <matteo.tarantino@gmail.com