Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org> on 2015/05/07 02:56:39 UTC

Re: GSOC 2015

The community bonding period - well I think you have all done a good
chunk of that already by being engaged on this list and working on
your proposals in collaboration with dev@taverna!

This is also the time to sort out practical things like ICLAs, Jira
and git repositories, which we seem to be getting along with now.

You might want to agree with your mentor (hi!) how you want to keep in
touch for updates, e.g. a daily IRC 5-minute stand-up (call or text
chat? When?).

You might want to introduce and reiterate your project proposal plans
on this list, so that the rest of the dev@taverna community can also
see what your project is all about - as they probably have not had
access to or read your original GSOC proposal.  You can accompany this
with creating some high-level tasks or stories in your corresponding
JIRA component, so that we can track progress there as well.

If you want to create a blog about your project (highly recommended) -
this is the time to look around for where you could host your blog and
to write the first post, which you can let us know about here.

You should also use this time to familiarize yourself with the
relevant existing Taverna code base, documentation and installation,
and ask questions where things are unclear (you have done so already,
but I'm sure there are more questions! :))

Perhaps you want to run Taverna Workbench and go through a couple of
tutorials so you know what you are working with?
https://github.com/taverna/taverna-tutorials
Here, as always, feedback is very welcome!

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718

Re: GSOC 2015

Posted by Menaka Madushanka <me...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much Stian for the guidelines.

Menaka