Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org> on 2002/05/02 10:27:23 UTC

RE: [PROPOSAL] Centaven and Friends (was Re: You make the decision(was Re: Quick! convert all your projects to maven!))

Leo wrote:

> However, the implicit argument "home-brewn solutions are worse than
> standards" simply doesn't always hold true. It doesn't here. Both XSLT
> and DVSL are here at Apache, which, for me, is enough of a "standard".
>
> Basically, all this is to point out masquerading of egotism
> as technical
> discussion. This is all very much unneccessary. I personally don't
> really care what build tool/platform becomes a standard at Apache. I
> also don't care about XSL vs DVSL. As long as it fills the use case
> (which every project at Jakarta and XML has), I'm happy. However, it
> would be __really nice__ to have some kind of internal apache
> standard.

Sorry if my point came across as egotism: I just wanted to explain that
XSLT has a large & lively community, which means adopting XSLT can be
considered a motivation for new people joining in. Or don't we want more
helping hands..?

</Steven>

ps: hey! Jon updated his page: http://jakarta.apache.org/site/jon.html!