Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Paul Stanton <pa...@mapshed.com.au> on 2011/12/23 03:31:46 UTC

remote archetype catalog for quickstart

Hi All,

I'm trying to create a tapestry quickstart project via the eclipse maven
plugin.

Eclipse version: Helios Service Release 2 Build id: 20110301-1815
Maven Plugin: Sonatype Inc Maven Integration for Eclipse
0.12.1.20110112-1712

I am following the rough 'getting started' guide (as closely as I can
interpret)
http://tapestry.apache.org/getting-started.html

Problem is that when I attempt to add a "Remote Archetype Catalog" using
"http://tapestry.apache.org" and click "verify" eclipse tells me that
the "Remot catalog is empty".

If I try to "Add archetype" manually using the following:

Archetype Group Id: "org.apache.tapestry"
Archetype Artifact Id: "quickstart"
Archetype Version: "5.3.1"
Repository URL: "http://tapestry.apache.org/"

..

I can see that eclipse tries to download
http://tapestry.apache.org/org/apache/tapestry/quickstart/5.3.1/quickstart-5.3.1.pom
however this url gives a 404.

So, is it possible to create the quickstart project via the maven
eclipse plugin?

If so, where am I going wrong?

Thanks, Paul.

Re: remote archetype catalog for quickstart

Posted by Nicolas Barrera <nb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Paul...,

I got to know about a bug on m2e that does not allow you to create remote
catalogs...

I think that you may be stuck into that bug... some guys in the company I
work got that error while updating versions of eclipse and m2e earlier this
year...

I 've searched again on the web for this bug and found it:
https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/MNGECLIPSE-2757

It seems fixed in some version so you should try to upgrade m2e version and
celebrate the new years eve! :P

by the way... I usually work with m2e and it's sweet for me... all of a
sudden you get some nasty bugs.. but hey..., who's bug free?

cheers!

Nicolás.-

Posted by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us>.