Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Dieter <di...@chartle.net> on 2011/05/20 17:22:04 UTC

Reading Fonts with XMLGraphics or FOP?

Hi,

Java AWT has the Font class and a couple of native ties to load fonts
and generate a Font object. I wonder if XMLGraphics or FOP has its own
infrastructure for reading Fonts (maybe without those native ties)
that results in the same Font object.

Cheers,
Dieter

Re: Reading Fonts with XMLGraphics or FOP?

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.
No. None are used. Font files are opened and read as a binary data stream
using standard java.io functionality.

G.

Posted by Dieter <di...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by mehdi houshmand <me...@gmail.com>.
Sorry to be late on this, but what Glenn said is true for the most
part. FOP does delegate SVG font handling to Batik, which does use AWT
classes for processing fonts. The disparity here is something I am
hoping we will address.

Mehdi

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.