Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Tomba Rakesh <to...@yahoo.com> on 2005/06/15 08:33:42 UTC

Maintained user specific state. HELP!

Hi All

Portlets are commonly configured to provide a customized view or behavior for different users. This is achieved using "Portlet Preferences". When I try the "Pick a Number" portlet that comes along with jetspeed2. I could save the the sate, but this state does not save for the particular user. Those state's are shared all the users.

How could we mentain the user specific state using "Portlet Preferences".

Regards
Rakesh

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Maintained user specific state. HELP!

Posted by Tomba Rakesh <to...@yahoo.com>.
Hi David

I agree your points...

On the -ve side: suppose one user is removed, still those states are maintained in portlet. So the problem is how should I reset those remove user params.

Is there any way to reset PortletPreference params outside the portlet?

Regards
Rakesh

David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> wrote:
Tomba Rakesh wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Portlets are commonly configured to provide a customized view or
> behavior for different users. This is achieved using "Portlet
> Preferences". When I try the "Pick a Number" portlet that comes along
> with jetspeed2. I could save the the sate, but this state does not
> save for the particular user. Those state's are shared all the users.
>

> How could we mentain the user specific state using "Portlet
> Preferences".

Place the portlet on the user's home page, or a page under the user's
directory.

The current model associates preferences with the page, not the user.
This allows for sharing preferences in common areas of the PSML
directory. I think our current solution isn't complete, as sometimes
users want to share preferences in common areas, whereas sometimes they
don't. We haven't yet formalized this into a clear requirement.

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software

Yahoo! Sports

Re: Maintained user specific state. HELP!

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.