Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl> on 2004/03/06 16:42:28 UTC

Proper shutdown for auxiliary?

Hi guys,

As you may know Cocoon is currently looking into migrating their Cache
service to a JCS implementation. I've been one of the people working on
the integration and have some questions I would very much appreciate
your help on.

When using JCS region configured using the indexed disk auxiliary I
can't get the cache contents to persist upon shutdown. I am wondering
whether I am using the proper procedure to dispose JCS.

The API documentation suggests this is done during a call to the
dispose() method of the cache instance but that doesn't seem to work for
me. Both .data and .key files remain empty.

I've also tried using a call to the save() method which actually does
save the .data but again leaves the .key file empty leading to
unrecoverable elements upon subsequent use. What am I missing?

Cheers,
Unico

Re: Proper shutdown for auxiliary?

Posted by Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl>.
Thanks! This is really helpful. I think the mailinglist swallowed the
attachement though, perhaps you can add it to issue tracking system. Or
else send it directly to me to do it (just created an account with scarab).

--
Unico

Posted by Christian Kreutzfeldt <ch...@gmx.de>.
Hi!

> Do you know when you will have time to do this? Cocoon is looking to
> release with the new caching system included within a few weeks and we'd
> like to have some time to test it all as well.
Well, there exists some kind of a fix, that I wrote a while ago, but it
never found
it's way into the sourc code. I am somewhat like angry about this, because
therev'e been a lot of requests for a solution to that known problem, but
no one ever responded to my suggestions. We used that fixed version on
a testing system and it seemed to be stable. Since I know that specific
problem.
I will try to write a test which prooves the error and a fix for it. Maybe
someone is willing to integrate that.

Kind regards,
  Christian Kreutzfeldt

Re: Proper shutdown for auxiliary?