Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by 小宇 <mo...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/30 10:38:04 UTC

Topic related API

Hi All,

why not provide  CreateTopic and DeleteTopic api, we know when
auto.create.topics.enable set true, kafka can auto create the topic, but
the problem is it always take some time before we can lookup the topic in
zookeeper, will this can be solved in the future version of kafka?

Thanks!
Best regards!

Re: Topic related API

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Have you tried the list topic tool?

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Replication+tools

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang

Re: Topic related API

Posted by 小宇 <mo...@gmail.com>.

2013/10/30 小宇 <mo...@gmail.com>:

> Anyone help?

> 2013/10/30 小宇 <mo...@gmail.com>

>> Hi All,

>> why not provide  CreateTopic and DeleteTopic api, we know when

>> auto.create.topics.enable set true, kafka can auto create the topic, but

>> the problem is it always take some time before we can lookup the topic in

>> zookeeper, will this can be solved in the future version of kafka?

>> Thanks!

>> Best regards!

Viktor

Re: Topic related API

Posted by Viktor Kolodrevskiy <vi...@gmail.com>.

2013/10/30 小宇 <mo...@gmail.com>:
> Anyone help?
>

> 2013/10/30 小宇 <mo...@gmail.com>
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> why not provide  CreateTopic and DeleteTopic api, we know when
>> auto.create.topics.enable set true, kafka can auto create the topic, but
>> the problem is it always take some time before we can lookup the topic in
>> zookeeper, will this can be solved in the future version of kafka?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Best regards!

Viktor

Re: Topic related API