Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Takashi Kawachi <ka...@netage.co.jp> on 2001/08/09 14:05:26 UTC

What JAMES version recommended?

Hi.
Im new to JAMES. What version of JAMES is recommended?
Release Builds(1.2.1) or Nightly Build or CVS Version?
i want to use JAMES for production.

thanks.

--
Takashi Kawachi <ka...@netage.co.jp>

Re: What JAMES version recommended?

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
Nothing's been done on the maildir front that I know of.  IMAP has made
some, but is still very much alpha code.  I think the main developer of that
code has been busy lately and is looking for help.

Serge Knystautas
Loki Technologies
http://www.lokitech.com/
Posted by "Craeg K. Strong" <cs...@arielpartners.com>.

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
'kill' aborts any transfer, but the sending mail server will treat this as a
temporary condition and retry since it would not receive a confirmation of
receipt notice.

The next version does not have a more graceful shutdown method, although I'm
pushing to get the next version released this month.  Like I said, mail
won't get lost or corrupted by a 'kill', so it hasn't been a high priority.
It is more of a priority though so we can gracefully restart without having
to stop and start the process.

Serge Knystautas
Loki Technologies
http://www.lokitech.com/