Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org> on 2003/11/10 04:30:13 UTC

Avalon Context (was Re: Persistence [Hibernate])

Just an inital thought ...

The class ApplicationLayerContext could be simplified. The context class
biz.softwarefabrik.system.merlin.context.ApplicationLayerContext is
derived from the classic Context interface but includes static public
identifiers for the following keys:

    public static final String NAME_KEY = "urn:avalon:name";
    public static final String PARTITION_KEY = "urn:avalon:partition";
    public static final String WORKING_KEY = "urn:avalon:temp";
    public static final String HOME_KEY = "urn:avalon:home";

My opinion is that the above key declarations should be moved to the
org.apache.avalon.framework.context.Context class.

Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org

RE: Avalon Context (was Re: Persistence [Hibernate])

Posted by andreas oberhack <de...@softwarefabrik.biz>.
:-) right. It's just the rest of my early days of evaluating the context
class. (tutorial)

I was thinking about to have a "SystemInfo getSystemInfo()" in the
context, where you could ask for "getPartitionKey()" etc.

All the best

Andreas