Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by André Widhani <An...@digicol.de> on 2013/05/23 16:45:36 UTC

Core admin action "CREATE" fails for existing core

It seems to me that the behavior of the Core admin action "CREATE" has changed when going from Solr 4.1 to 4.3.

With 4.1, I could re-configure an existing core (changing path/name to solrconfig.xml for example). In 4.3, I get an error message:

  SEVERE: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error CREATEing SolrCore 'core-tex69b6iom1djrbzmlmg83-index2': Core with name 'core-tex69b6iom1djrbzmlmg83-index2' already exists.

Is this change intended?

André

AW: Core admin action "CREATE" fails for existing core

Posted by André Widhani <An...@digicol.de>.
Added the issue.

"Core admin action RELOAD lacks requests parameters to point core to another config or schema file or data dir"

Posted by André Widhani <An...@digicol.de>.
Ok - yes, will do so tomorrow.

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alan Woodward <al...@flax.co.uk>.