Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2013/04/21 18:08:41 UTC

windowId postback detection

Hi!

There are technically 2 options for extracting the windowId on POSTs:

1.) setting a hidden UIOutput component in the ViewRoot

2.) provide a custom renderkit/ResponseStateManager

I think 1.) is much easier. Any input?

LIeGrue,
strub

Re: windowId postback detection

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
It's not exactly the same but goes in the same direction.

Currently we have 4 'operation modes' for each request (see ClientWindowConfig.

* NONE: no @WindowScoped will be available for this request

* LAZY: the windowId will be verified and ensured on the client side via a JavaScript comparison of the windowId and window.name and if it doesn't fit then we force a page refresh with the correct windowId: CON: the first page hit will still have the old windowId and might touch beans from this other window.

* CLIENTWINDOW: each GET request first gets an intermediate page (windowhandler.html) which checks if the windowName and windowId fit. If not -> new windowId will get requested. If they fit, we reload the page with the verified windowId. This 2nd request finally hits the xhtml page. The intermediate windowhandler page takes around 1ms to get served and is blazingly fast on the client. To prevent flickering if the target page takes some time to render we kind of take a DOM screenshot from the original page and display it on the intermediate page.

* CUSTOM: A user might implement his own ClientWindow. Not sure though how we will integrate this. Currently doesn't work :)

The user can choose them via his own ClientWindowConfig (or @Specializes DefaultClientWindowConfig) for each request. E.g. a Request from an internal address in a company (in our case the university) gets the ClientWndow (intermediate html page which ensures the windowId is correct) and external addresses get rendered directly. Bots and other crawlers should also get the direct page for example.

Now for the 'exclude region' sometimes you don't like to decorate target links with the windowId, nor do you like to store the DOM tree in the localstorage. E.g. if you show customer generated context which is not secured or if you have links to external pages.
This is more or less a security mechanism.

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Christian Kaltepoth <ch...@kaltepoth.de>.
@Mark

Posted by Jason Porter <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
yes, we will certainly need to do lots of testing with this new approach. But it seems much more in sync with the JSF-2.2 idea which requires to detect the proper windowId even before the restore-view phase. In the old CODI implementation we parsed it from a custom Component which we added to the view tree ourselfs. maybe we can do both.

Posted by Jason Porter <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.
+1 for the custom component

Posted by Christian Kaltepoth <ch...@kaltepoth.de>.