Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Adil <ad...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/20 09:20:59 UTC

logging over multi-datacenter

Hi,
We have two data-center, we configured PasswordAuthenticator on each node,
we increment the RF of system_auth to the number of nodes (each
data-center) as recommended.
We can logged-in via cqlsh without problem, but when i stop cassandra on
all nodes of a data-center we can't logged in in the other
data-center...this error is displayed as output:
Bad credentials]
message="org.apache.cassandra.exceptions.UnavailableException: Cannot
achieve consistency level QUORUM"'

from what i understand we should be able to logged in even if there is only
one node UP but it seems that has to reach QUORUM consistency level (2
data-center).

my question is if the java driver cql uses the same condition and if there
is a way to set the consistency level to like LOCAL_ONE.

Thanks
Adil

Re: logging over multi-datacenter

Posted by Adil <ad...@gmail.com>.