Posted to dev@edgent.apache.org by Katherine Marsden <km...@apache.org> on 2016/03/02 23:15:58 UTC

Wiki?

Looking at some recent incubator projects I don't see that they have a
Wiki. I also don't see a Wiki under
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#request-required-resources

But there is an item on the status template.
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/quarks.html

  I was wondering, should I request one?  If so, do we want Moin or
Confluence?  I like the easy edit capabilities of a Wiki but think it
probably would be a pain to migrate after graduation. Opinions?

Kathey

Re: Wiki?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 2:15 PM, Katherine Marsden <km...@apache.org>
wrote:

> Looking at some recent incubator projects I don't see that they have a
> Wiki. I also don't see a Wiki under
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#request-required-resources
>
> But there is an item on the status template.
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/quarks.html
>
>  I was wondering, should I request one?  If so, do we want Moin or
> Confluence?  I like the easy edit capabilities of a Wiki but think it
> probably would be a pain to migrate after graduation. Opinions?
>

> Kathey

Today, using .md on the website has made non-code contributions very easy,
thus some of the new podlings are not going with Wikis.

If the community decide to go with a wiki, Confluence seems to be easier to
use, and have wider adoption among newer projects.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende