Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Brian Hendrickson <he...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/17 03:37:25 UTC

[Axis2] New to Axis, having problems

Hello,

I'm trying to create my first Axis2 application and I'm having a problems.
I'm creating a simple service that takes a string and echoes it back to the
client. I have generated service and client stubs from a wsdl and filled
them in as directed in the User's Guide, and the service builds fine, but I
can't build the client. I get the following error:

compile.src:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file to /home/brian/src/echo/build/classes
    [javac] /home/brian/src/echo/src/echo/Client.java:15: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : method Echo(echo.Echo)
    [javac] location: class echo.EchoServiceStub
    [javac]         EchoResponse res = stub.Echo(req);
    [javac]                                   ^
    [javac] 1 error

I am importing the stub that was generated for my client, but it still can't
find the method. Can please someone help the problem? I am very new.

Thanks
Brian

Re: [Axis2] New to Axis, having problems

Posted by Lahiru Sandakith <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brian,
Actually the problem here is the method that you are trying to invoke here
Echo is not accepting the type of the req(of the type echo.Echo) that you
are passing as the parameter. Try searching generated stub to find what will
be the correct type of the paran that Echo needed to be passed in and create
new instance of that and set the string that you need to echo, and then pass
tha reference to the stub.Echo(ref) it should work then,
Thanks
Lahiru

--
Thanks
Lahiru Sandakith

http://sandakith.wordpress.com/
GPG Key Fingerprint : 8CD8 68E0 4CBC 75CB 25BC  1AB1 FE5E 7464 1F01 9A0F

Re: [Axis2] New to Axis, having problems

Posted by Brian Hendrickson <he...@gmail.com>.
Charitha,

Thank you very much for your kind help. I think I understand better now!

Regards,
Brian

Posted by Charitha Kankanamge <ch...@wso2.com>.
Hello Brian,