Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Jeff Widman <je...@jeffwidman.com> on 2017/11/13 23:24:49 UTC

What are reasonable limits for max number of consumer groups per partition and per broker?

We're considering an architecture that would result in 5K-10K consumer
groups consuming from a single topic that has one partition.

What are the reasonable limits for the max number of consumer groups per
partition and per broker?

Can a single broker be the group coordinator for 1K+ consumer groups?

--

*Jeff Widman*
jeffwidman.com <http://www.jeffwidman.com/> | 740-WIDMAN-J (943-6265)

Re: What are reasonable limits for max number of consumer groups per partition and per broker?

Posted by Avi Levi <av...@indeni.com>.
I think you will find this article
https://www.confluent.io/blog/how-to-choose-the-number-of-topicspartitions-in-a-kafka-cluster/
  useful