Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Julian <ju...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/14 15:14:42 UTC

spamassassin / postfix config problem

Hi All,

I have been using postfix 2.1.5/courier/spamassassin 3.0.0 on suse happily
for a couple of years.
Recently I decided to upgrade the mail server, which is a really old
machine, to a new one, and so I set about a fresh installation.

I installed opensuse 10.2, which comes with postfix 2.3.2.
I managed to get the mail server up and running on the domain and after a
few days I decided to configure spamassassin (3.1.6) in the spamc/spamd
configuration as I had working previously.

I have these lines in postfix master.cf: (antivirus forwards to localhost
port 825)

localhost:825 inet n - n - - smtpd
   -o content_filter=spamfilter:

and

spamfilter unix - n n - - pipe
  flags=Rq user=spamfilter argv=/usr/bin/postfixfilter -f ${sender}
${recipient}

(the /usr/bin/postfixfilter file has the line "/usr/bin/spamc |
/usr/sbin/sendmail -i "$" ... etc.)

I have a .procmail file in the home dir of each user to check the spam level

from the headers, and a .forward file with the following line:
"|IFS='' && exec /usr/bin/procmail || exit 75 #julian"

The problem is this:
Before I used to get the following entry (as an example) in /var/log/mail:
Mar 7 19:46:14 mail postfix/pipe[9040]: BBB6A319A7: to=<
abcsistinamalta.com>, relay=spamfilter, delay=5, status=sent (
mail.sistinamalta.com)

and now I get this:
Mar 14 12:37:37 mail postfix/local[4311]: A33E92C37F: to=<
julianprisma.com.mt>, orig_to=<julian>, relay=local, delay=0.26, delays=
0.12/0.02/0/0.12, dsn=2.0.
0, status=sent (delivered to command: IFS='' && exec /usr/bin/procmail ||
exit 75 #julian)

The end result is that mail does not have the X-Spamfilter headers for
.procmail to act upon.

Testing spamassassin at the command line gives the appropriate headers.
It seems there is something broken along the way.

I've been scratching my head over this one for hours now.

Any clues??

Thanks
Julian