Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Stadelmann Josef <jo...@axa-winterthur.ch> on 2010/10/07 12:27:43 UTC

[axis2-*] missing imports for NetBeans 6.* but all ok building straigth with maven-*

I am opening my axis2-1.2 project with NetBeans 6.5 from a svn exported
tree from      C:\asf\axis\axis2\java\core\tags\v1.2

The netbeans scan for imports and libs and vice versa starts.

After all I am ready to go allong but

	some sub-projects i.e. Apache Axis 2.0 Jaxws(jar) Test Packages
have errors

the following packages are missing

import org.test.mtom.ImageDepot;
import org.test.mtom.ObjectFactory;
import org.test.mtom.SendImage;

>From where do they come?

Note, I have previously built axis2-1.2 with maven-2.2.1 fault free;

So the missing stuff migth there but where is it for NetBeans-6.5?

Any hint appreciated.

Josef

Re: [axis2-*] missing imports for NetBeans 6.* but all ok building straigth with maven-*

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
I haven't used NetBeans for years and I never tried to import Axis2
sources into NetBeans, but I can give you the following information:
* The missing packages contain sources that are generated during the
one of the test phases of the build.
* There are similar problems when importing the sources into Eclipse
(using mvn eclipse:eclipse). One reason is that the
maven-eclipse-plugin by default doesn't execute the
generate-test-sources phase. This problem can easily be solved by
doing mvn generate-test-sources eclipse:eclipse. The other reason is
that in some cases, the generated sources are compiled using an Ant
script, and therefore Maven (and thus maven-eclipse-plugin) doesn't
know anything about these sources. This is not a problem for a normal
build, but makes it difficult to import the project into Eclipse. I
solved this issue for some modules, but I didn't do this
systematically for all modules.

Andreas