Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2009/02/26 08:08:09 UTC

[COMMUNITY] MyFaces += Jan-Kees van Andel

The Myfaces PMC is proud to announce a new addition to our community.

Please welcome Jan-Kees van Andel as the newest MyFaces committer!
Jan-Kees is an active member of the myfaces community, especially in
the myfaces 2.0 section of the code

@Jan-Kees: Please add yourself to the Master-POM at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/myfaces-master-pom/trunk/pom.xml

-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: Re: [COMMUNITY] MyFaces += Jan-Kees van Andel

Posted by ja...@gmail.com.
Hi,

Some thoughts:
- I've already created a Jira ticket for the annotation processing stuff
and submitted an initial patch with a quick and dirty implementation. I
didn't want to implement the feature and refactor in the same patch.
- Currently, I'm using the xbean-finder library from Geronimo for the
processing stuff. This library uses ASM under the hood which worries me,
since ASM is a widely used library and it has lead to many classloading
issues because of other frameworks packaging different versions of ASM.
- I have also created an annotation scanner of my own, which is actually
quite fast and doesn't have a dependency on any library, except Java.
- The class which is responsible for configuring myfaces is
FacesConfigurator. I've inserted my annotation scanning code into this
class, which will become quite cumbersome if I continue this way.
- My current plan is to use a Strategy implementation. The
FacesConfigurator contains a list of Configurator instances. This list can
be extended by the application developer by providing a configuration
parameter or something like that. This will enable developers to create
Spring or Guice Configurators. However, I think there are not many vendors
who will use this, since it is specific to MyFaces. But providing extension
hooks is always a good idea IMHO. I don't think that making the annotation
scanning code pluggable is very useful since the xbean-finder library is
already very easy to use.

I'm interested in your plans. Please compose a new message and link back to
this one to keep things clear.

/JK

Posted by Curtiss Howard <cu...@gmail.com>.
Hi JK,

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations JK! And welcome to the team :-) There is always things to do
in the MyFaces world. Just keep the ideas coming :-)

Cheers,

Bruno

Posted by Jan-Kees van Andel <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Grant Smith <wo...@gmail.com>.