Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by jun zhang <zh...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/04 08:15:27 UTC

Use vaidya but error in parsing conf file

I’m try to use vaidya to check my mr job, but always get the error
info like the below

what's the home here? Need I setting any things

 ./vaidya_new.sh -jobconf
file://home/jt1_1359122958375_job_201301252209_1384_conf.xml -joblog
file://home/job_201301252209_1384_1359959201318_b  -testconf
/opt/hadoop/contrib/vaidya/conf/postex_diagnosis_tests.xml -report
./report.xml

13/02/04 15:06:04 FATAL conf.Configuration: error parsing conf file:
java.net.UnknownHostException: home
Exception:java.lang.RuntimeException: java.net.UnknownHostException:
homejava.lang.RuntimeException: java.net.UnknownHostException: home
	at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.loadResource(Configuration.java:1395)
	at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.loadResources(Configuration.java:1269)
	at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getProps(Configuration.java:1200)
	at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.get(Configuration.java:501)
	at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.getDefaultUri(FileSystem.java:131)
	at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.getLocal(FileSystem.java:225)
	at org.apache.hadoop.vaidya.postexdiagnosis.PostExPerformanceDiagnoser.readJobInformation(PostExPerformanceDiagnoser.java:138)
	at org.apache.hadoop.vaidya.postexdiagnosis.PostExPerformanceDiagnoser.<init>(PostExPerformanceDiagnoser.java:112)
	at org.apache.hadoop.vaidya.postexdiagnosis.PostExPerformanceDiagnoser.main(PostExPerformanceDiagnoser.java:220)
Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: home
	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:177)
	at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:163)
	at sun.net.NetworkClient.openServer(NetworkClient.java:118)
	at sun.net.ftp.FtpClient.openServer(FtpClient.java:488)
	at sun.net.ftp.FtpClient.openServer(FtpClient.java:475)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.ftp.FtpURLConnection.connect(FtpURLConnection.java:270)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.ftp.FtpURLConnection.getInputStream(FtpURLConnection.java:352)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:653)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLVersionDetector.determineDocVersion(XMLVersionDetector.java:186)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:772)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:737)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:119)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:235)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:284)
	at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:180)
	at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.loadResource(Configuration.java:1300)
	... 9 more

Re: Use vaidya but error in parsing conf file

Posted by jun zhang <zh...@gmail.com>.
You can find it with google "vaidya github hadoop"

link is https://github.com/facebook/hadoop-20/tree/master/src/contrib/vaidya

But these is only 5 rules will be checked.

It was not   as useful as I wished.

And my problem is fixed by change file://home to file:/home

Re: HyperThreading in TaskTracker nodes?

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
Power issues aside, I've seen similar sorts of performance gains for MR
workloads - around 15-20%.

I think a fair bit of it is due to poor CPU cache utilization in various
parts of Hadoop - hyperthreading gets some extra parallelism there while
the core is waiting on round trips to DRAM.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera

Re: HyperThreading in TaskTracker nodes?

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Brad Sarsfield <br...@bing.com>.