Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Larry Brown <lb...@crb.cc> on 2004/03/17 19:02:15 UTC

[users@httpd] Child process dump

I am having difficulty with my apache server on a RH8 box.  The httpd
rpm version is httpd-2.0.40-8 and the apache version is 2.0.40.  I have
an issue where the server is running fine until some point in the
afternoon when the virtual memory skyrockets up to around 210mb due to
one child process.  I set the logs to look at that pid and find out what
pages where being handled at the time.  It looks like it is from a php
script.  I now have to find out what is causing this increase in size
since the data being pulled from the server is of a small size.

Is there some way of dumping the contents of memory for a particular
child and examine what is filling the process to such an extreme?  That
same script runs every 5 minutes all day long and only exhibits the
problem around 1 or 2 pm.  I have looked for events that coincide with
no success.  I would love to be able to see what comprises that 200mb of
data!

TIA

Larry