Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Denis Stepanov <de...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/12 23:15:53 UTC

Bootstrap

Hello,

how many of you know Bootstrap http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/, a css toolkit designed to kickstart development of webapps and sites from Twitter?

I just had an idea that Tapestry could use bootstap as defaul css stylesheet. It would be pretty impressive to have default components and examples have such goodlookin styles. Forms, Grid, Pagination, Alerts, Buttons prettymuch every component that Tapestry has.

Denis

Re: Bootstrap

Posted by Steve Eynon <st...@alienfactory.co.uk>.
I've just re-skinned a couple of small apps with Bootstrap and jQuery
- it looks good and there's no problems with the javascript.

The snippets of JS it uses, localise the jQuery '$' as defined here:

http://docs.jquery.com/Plugins/Authoring#Getting_Started

So you just need to put jQuery into its no-conflict mode (as is
standard nowadays) and Bob's Your Uncle.

> switch Tapestry's built in components to JQuery from Prototype?

If this change is ever made, it would be in T5.4 and in that version
you should be able to use any underlying JS framework you like!

Steve.

Re: Bootstrap

Posted by Mark <ma...@xeric.net>.

Re: Bootstrap

Posted by Richard Frovarp <rf...@apache.org>.
On 10/12/2011 05:06 PM, Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
> I think it's a good idea; what's the license?

Looks like AL 2.0.

Re: Bootstrap

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I think it's a good idea; what's the license?

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Bootstrap

Posted by Tony Nelson <tn...@starpoint.com>.
I'm just starting the infrastructure of my project.  I had settled on Blueprint CSS http://www.blueprintcss.org/ but I may have to take a closer look at this Bootstrap.  It seems to have some very nice features.

Re: Bootstrap

Posted by George Christman <gc...@cardaddy.com>.
That's beautiful. I"m a huge fan of the idea.