Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by John Wong <go...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/12 22:59:36 UTC

The number of pending tasks doesn't decrease

Hi
We monitor the number of pending tasks and in our dev cluster (size of 3),
for two out of three nodes, the # of pending tasks did not decrease until I
restarted cassandra on those two nodes. This is not the first time I saw
this behavior. It is Saturday today and the traffic is very little.

nodetool compactionstats

pending tasks: 5
Active compaction remaining time :        n/a

I have read http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.db.cassandra.user/30555
but the comments were derailing in some way. I found nothing unusual in the
log file. Like I said I restarted two of the nodes with the high count and
then the count has gone down to 0.

We are on 1.2.16.

Thanks.

John