Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by dushyant agarwal <ag...@yahoo.co.in> on 2008/04/16 07:25:34 UTC

How to remove selection from a tr:selectManyListBox

                     Hi,
Let us suppose that a JSF page consists of a tr:selectManyListBox and a tr:commandButton.
On clicking on an option in the list box that option gets highlighted.
If press the commandButton then the page simply reloads with the slected option in the list still highlighted.

If we want to remove the selection from the list box on submitting the page how shall we do it?

---------------------------------

Re: How to remove selection from a tr:selectManyListBox

Posted by dushyant agarwal <ag...@yahoo.co.in>.
Hi Matthias,
Thanks for the help. It worked.

Dushyant

Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote: Hi

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 7:25 AM, dushyant agarwal
 wrote:
>  Hi,
> Let us suppose that a JSF page consists of a tr:selectManyListBox and a
> tr:commandButton.
> On clicking on an option in the list box that option gets highlighted.
> If press the commandButton then the page simply reloads with the slected
> option in the list still highlighted.
>
> If we want to remove the selection from the list box on submitting the page
> how shall we do it?

If you want to reset the value inside your action method (the one
invoked by the command button), do that inside:

UIXEditableValue many = (UIXEditableValue)
FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getViewRoot().findComponent("IdOfYourManyListboxComponent");
many.resetValue();

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

Re: How to remove selection from a tr:selectManyListBox

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi