Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Kai Donker <ka...@freenet.de> on 2001/05/19 11:12:27 UTC

Session scope doesn't seem to work

Hi everybody,

I tried to use the session scope. The service class has two methods, the
first I call sets an instancevariable, the second uses thos instancevariable
to return something. The second call throws an exception because the
instancevariable I want to access is null. When set the scope to application
it works.

The client calls these methods whithin it's main method and uses the same
call object.

thanks, Kai

RE: AW: Session scope doesn't seem to work

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi Michael,

As far as I recall, the DeployedServices.ds file is a serialized hashtable
containing instances of org.apache.soap.server.DeploymentDescriptors. If the
definition of that class is different from one version of the soap.jar to
the next (which is the case, many times) resurrecting that file won't work
correctly. Keep in mind that this is a guess, because I don't know what type
of error message you were getting (if you did get one) that encouraged you
to redeploy your services.

Thanks,
-Matt

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi Michael,

Posted by "Michael J. Hudson" <mh...@blueprinttech.com>.

Posted by "Michael J. Hudson" <mh...@blueprinttech.com>.

RE: Session scope doesn't seem to work

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi Kai,

It is in the CVS tree, and I would assume it's also in the nightly builds
(http://xml.apache.org/dist/soap/nightly/).

Thanks,
-Matt

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.