Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sanjay Saha <sa...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2006/03/23 11:24:16 UTC

[users@httpd] Tuning tomcat4 and expression matching with apache

Hi List,

 I have a specific question about apache expression matching.

 I have a apache tomcat server setup . While tuning tomcat i needed to achieve some tweaking to the apache expression matching , or atleast that i
 felt .

 The site have all incoming urls (www.subdomain.domain.com type) are redirected to  (https://domain.com/subdomain/index.jsp) .

 The possible input urls are:

 www.aaa.domain.com ( mostly )
 aaa.domain.com
 http://aaa.domain.com
 www.domain.com/aaa/

 And the redirecting url are :

 https://www.domain.com/aaa/index.jsp (mostly )
 or
 https://www.domain.com/aaa/

 The above redirection is working and valid for the following apache directive :

 <VirtualHost *>
 ServerName aaa.domain.com
 RedirectMatch (.*)\ .*$ https://www.domain.com/aaa$1
       ------x-------

 Now for load balancing i needed to change certain directives related to Mod_JK . The modifications at (httpd.conf) needed as below :

 original :
 JkMount /* my_workers

 Modified to :
 JkMount /*.jsp my_workers

 --------x-----

 The change really worked .., the site started operating with tomcat serving its content alright . The subdomain functioning just stopped.

 The scenario here :
 at the ServerRoot ( /ust/local/domain/ ) the "index.jsp" resides . At that "index.jsp" a mapping is confirmed , which gurantees that the http get request ( when someone tyies to connect www.aaa.domain.com ) with "aaa" subdomain is served as index.jsp with the specific dynamic content part defined for "aaa" subdomain . This way multiple subdomains are entertained . So there is no "aaa" directory or "aaa" filename at ServerRoot . The related jsp for "aaa" is placed somewhere else as per "index.jsp"

 Let me know how exactly to overcome the situation .

 Because after modifing the httpd.conf entry as above i started getting
 errors :

 error.log :
 Files does not exist 404 /usr/local/domain/aaa

 access.log :

[aa.dd.bb.cc] - - [22/Mar/2006] "GET /aaa HTTP/1.1" 404 346
"-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; PCQuest)"

 Let me know where i am mistaking ..

 Regards..

Sanjay Saha
Senior System Administrator