Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ian Huynh <ia...@hubspan.com> on 2003/11/12 19:09:42 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_proxy_ftp question

has any one successfully used mod_proxy_ftp ?

What i would like to do is to front my ftp server (taking advantage of mod_ssl)
with apache.

It looks like mod_proxy and mod_proxy_ftp could do the job but I can't seem to get it to work

i have apache on my machine with the following snippet in httpd.conf

Listen 21
Listen 20
<VirtualHost _default_:21 _default_:20>

   ProxyRemote ftp ftp://my.backend.server
   CustomLog logs/ftp.log common
</VirtualHost>

when i try to connect to apache using ftp, it just says connect to ianh (ie. my machine)
but there's no prompt for user/password

The ftp.log file is empty

Thanks

Re: [users@httpd] mod_proxy_ftp question

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Ian Huynh wrote:
> What i would like to do is to front my ftp server (taking advantage of mod_ssl)
> with apache.

> Listen 21
> Listen 20
> <VirtualHost _default_:21 _default_:20>
>
>    ProxyRemote ftp ftp://my.backend.server
>    CustomLog logs/ftp.log common
> </VirtualHost>
>
> when i try to connect to apache using ftp, it just says connect to ianh (ie. my machine)
> but there's no prompt for user/password

Apache does not provide an ftp server.  Apache will act as a proxy to an
ftp backend, but it speaks only http with the client.

(There is a commercial ftp server apache module from covalent, I believe.)

Joshua.