Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Matthew Case <ma...@loanprotector.com> on 2004/02/23 19:58:18 UTC

Yet another pagination issue

The ongoing saga of my FOP-driven letter engine continues. Now, management
has requested that I create letters that are comprised of 2 pages. The
letter text on the first page, and state-specific legal text on the back.

First, I want to specifically say "this text can only go on even pages" and
"that text can only go on odd pages". If the letter text goes over one page,
I want the text to roll onto a third page and leave the state specific text
only on page 2. Secondly, my engine right now appends multiple FO documents
together to create one bulk PDF. I'm assuming I will be using the
<fo:page-sequence-master master-name="alternating"> tag to control what goes
on even and odd pages, given the first issue, will the solution be friendly
to this? Finally, it's all good and well if it's able to be done using
XSL:FO...I obviously am searching for a solution that FOP 0.20.5 supports.
Any ideas?

 - Matt Case

Re: Yet another pagination issue

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Matthew Case wrote:
> First, I want to specifically say "this text can only go on even pages"
> and "that text can only go on odd pages". If the letter text goes over
> one page, I want the text to roll onto a third page and leave the state
> specific text only on page 2. Secondly, my engine right now appends
> multiple FO documents together to create one bulk PDF. I'm assuming I
> will be using the <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="alternating">
> tag to control what goes on even and odd pages, given the first issue,
> will the solution be friendly to this? Finally, it's all good and well
> if it's able to be done using XSL:FO...I obviously am searching for a
> solution that FOP 0.20.5 supports. Any ideas?

Should be ok. Use a large static content area to hold the
legal blather and a small body region. The legal text will
appear on every even page though, but you seem to say that's
want you want. You will have several other issues, e.g. no
images in the static content.

J.Pietschmann