Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Awadhesh Gupta <aw...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/03 17:54:58 UTC

Hostname validation in Kafka for SSL authentication

Hi,

I have enabled SSL certificate betwen my Kafka server and client
communicaiton with correct host name in CSR of certificates.

I've multiple hosts (100-200) that can produce the messages on the broker
and would liek to share the same certificates for each of the  hosts.

For this, I want to know if we can create certificates with some
description  (say "client-cert") in CN field of the CSR.

Will this certificate can be used in Kafka authenticaton and same can be
aceepted for all the client request by the Kafka server?

If not, what is the way to enable security for multiple hosts.

Thanks in Advance
Awadhesh