Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lars Høyrup Jensen <ro...@it-c.dk> on 2001/08/06 10:30:46 UTC

How do you change the "base URL" for your servlets in Tomcat?

After having installed Tomcat 3.2.3 "out-of-the-box", you access the
example servlets and jsp's with this URL:

http://myserver/examples

How do I change Tomcat's configuration, so the URL becomes something
like:

http://myserver/java/examples

That is, for all web applications in TOMCAT_HOME, I want their URL to be
prefixed with "java".

If somebody is able to help me, I will appreciate it very much.

Best regards,
Lars Høyrup Jensen

Re: How do you change the "base URL" for your servlets in Tomcat?

Posted by Lars Høyrup Jensen <ro...@it-c.dk>.
Liam Morley wrote:

> Lars,
> You'll want to look at your "server.xml" file in the conf/ folder,
> specifically towards the bottom (<Context />, "Special webapps").

Hi Liam.

My problem is that I want to be able to create new web applications
without editing the config file (server.xml). That is, if I create a new
directory in TOMCAT_HOME/webapps (with WEB-INF subdirectory and so on),
then it should be accesible as soon as I have restarted Tomcat. For
instance: if I create the directory 'robinhat' in TOMCAT_HOME/webapps,
then I can access it at:

http://myserver/robinhat

_without_ touching server.xml. You suggest, that I should edit the
Context for every web application in server.xml, but I want to avoid
that.

I hope, I make my self understandable;-)

Posted by Liam Morley <lm...@WPI.EDU>.
Lars,
You'll want to look at your "server.xml" file in the conf/ folder,
specifically towards the bottom (<Context />, "Special webapps").

-------
Liam Morley

"light the deep, and bring silence to the world.
light the world, and bring depth to the silence."

Re: Best way to install Apache, Tomcat and Jboss

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Utech - Han Lim at hanlim@unidux.com.sg wrote:

> Hi, does anybody here can explain step by step the best way to install
> Apache+Tomcat+Jboss? Or any reference will be appreciated. Thanks.

For Apache and Tomcat, look at the website. For Jboss, you got the wrong
mailing list :)

    Pier

Best way to install Apache, Tomcat and Jboss

Posted by Utech - Han Lim <ha...@unidux.com.sg>.
Hi, does anybody here can explain step by step the best way to install
Apache+Tomcat+Jboss? Or any reference will be appreciated. Thanks.

regards,
Han Lin