Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Ka...@iflexsolutions.com on 2004/09/02 15:17:42 UTC

taglib: tags embedded in output

Hi,

I have written a customized taglib and there is a tag say ABC.

If my tag ABC returns a struts tag embedded in the writer output (here
in this example html taglib) for a page, then can JSP container evaluate
this tag?

Example... my tag ABC evaluates to:

I have used TagSupport class, it returns the above string to the JSP,
but I want the output of it to be displayed. How to do that?

Regards,

Kalika P. Patil

DISCLAIMER:
This message contains privileged and confidential information and is intended only for the individual named.If you are not the intended recipient you should not disseminate,distribute,store,print, copy or deliver this message.Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted,corrupted,lost,destroyed,arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses.The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.

Re: taglib: tags embedded in output

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.
Really the only way to do this is by modifying your own tag to
incorporate the functionality of the Struts tags. It's not possible to
output JSP code from a tag and have that evaluated. We had the same
discussion a couple of days ago in a separate thread:

http://www.mail-archive.com/taglibs-user%40jakarta.apache.org/msg07615.html

--
Martin Cooper