Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Robby Pelssers <ro...@ciber.com> on 2010/01/04 17:03:56 UTC

mistake in cocoon3.0 userguide ?

Hi,

First of all nice to see some usefull documentation for Cocoon3.0.

The following underlined snippet seems wrong to me:

A pipeline works based on two fundamental concepts:

*         The first component of a pipeline is of type
org.apache.cocoon.pipeline.component.Starter. The last component is of
type org.apache.cocoon.pipeline.component.Finisher.

*         In order to link components with each other, the first has to
be a org.apache.cocoon.pipeline.component.Finisher, the latter
org.apache.cocoon.pipeline.component.Producer.

Shouldn't that be

A pipeline works based on two fundamental concepts:

*         The first component of a pipeline is of type
org.apache.cocoon.pipeline.component.Starter. The last component is of
type org.apache.cocoon.pipeline.component.Finisher.

*         In order to link components with each other, the first has to
be a org.apache.cocoon.pipeline.component.Producer, the latter
org.apache.cocoon.pipeline.component.Consumer.

Kind regards,

Robby Pelssers

Re: mistake in cocoon3.0 userguide ?

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org>.
Robby Pelssers wrote:
> Hi,
>

> First of all nice to see some usefull documentation for Cocoon3.0.
>

> The following underlined snippet seems wrong to me:
>

> A pipeline works based on two fundamental concepts:
>
> ·         The first component of a pipeline is of type
> |org.apache.cocoon.pipeline.component.Starter|. The last component is of
> type |org.apache.cocoon.pipeline.component.Finisher|.
>
> ·         In order to link components with each other, _the first has to
> be a _|_org.apache.cocoon.pipeline.component.Finisher_|_, the latter
> _|_org.apache.cocoon.pipeline.component.Producer_|.
>
> Shouldn’t that be
>

> A pipeline works based on two fundamental concepts:
>
> ·         The first component of a pipeline is of type
> |org.apache.cocoon.pipeline.component.Starter|. The last component is of
> type |org.apache.cocoon.pipeline.component.Finisher|.
>
> ·         In order to link components with each other, _the first has to
> be a _|_org.apache.cocoon.pipeline.component.Producer_|_, the latter
> _|_org.apache.cocoon.pipeline.component.Consumer_|.

I fixed it in SVN. Thank you very much!