Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by Boris Kolpackov <bo...@codesynthesis.com> on 2007/08/16 13:52:37 UTC

Upcoming Xerces-C++ 2.8.0 release

Hi Folks,

It's been almost two years since the release of Xerces-C++ 2.7.0.
While there are preparations to release 3.0 soon, many existing
applications won't be able to use 3.0 immediately because of the
extensive API changes but would greatly benefit from a large number
of bug fixes that have been committed to repository. I therefore
have volunteered to be a release manager for 2.8.0.

Xerces-C++ is normally released with pre-compiled libraries for
various platforms. For the 2.8.0 release the proposed list of
platforms/compilers is as follows:

32 bit:

   Windows - MSVC 7.1
   Windows - MSVC 8.0
   GNU/Linux - g++ 3.4.x
   AIX 5.3 - xlC 7
   Solaris 2.10 - Sun C++ 5.7 and g++ 3.4.x, both SPARC and x86
   HP-UX 11.x - aCC A.03.x, PA-RISC
   HP-UX 11.x - aCC A.06.x, IA64
   Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) - g++ 4.0, both PPC and x86

64 bit:

   Windows - MSVC 8.0
   GNU/Linux - g++ 3.4.x
   AIX 5.3 - xlC 7
   Solaris 2.10 - Sun C++ 5.7 and g++ 3.4.x, both SPARC and x86-64
   HP-UX 11.x - aCC A.03.x, PA-RISC
   HP-UX 11.x - aCC A.06.x, IA64

If you think this list is missing a widely-used platform or
compiler, feel free to suggest an addition. I would also like
to ask the community about any unresolved issues that people
feel are critical and need to be fixed before the release.

I am planning to package and announce a release candidate
some time next week. This way all interested parties will
have a chance to make sure the upcoming release works well
with their platforms/compilers and applications.

Thanks,
Boris

--
Boris Kolpackov