Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> on 2012/01/06 06:19:00 UTC

Re: Heads up - 0.23.1

Happy new year folks!

An update on hadoop-0.23.1...

Things are moving along at a fair clip, Pig integration is done (yaay!) and we hope to also finish some bug fixes to complete Oozie integration by early next week. The only remaining work is some performance related fixes which we are confident we can nail in the next couple of weeks (primarily because they weren't around even 2 months ago! ;) ).

Full list here: http://s.apache.org/hadoop-0.23.1-blockers

With these resolved, I think we can cut hadoop-0.23.1 in the next 2-3 weeks.

thanks,
Arun

Re: Heads up - 0.23.1

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
Ok, we are real close now.

I should be able to get an RC out very quickly.

thanks,
Arun

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

RE: Heads up - 0.23.1

Posted by Amol Kekre <ke...@yahoo-inc.com>.
We have begun to test Pig and soon would so with Oozie in y!. We will provide updates in a few wks.

Amol.