Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Alessandro Ferrucci <al...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/24 15:42:42 UTC

boost field without dismax

Hello,

is there a way to boost a field much like is done in dismax request
handler?  I've tried doing index-time boosting by providing the boost to the
field as an attribute in the add doc but that did nothing to affect the
score when I went to search.  I do not want to use dismax since I also want
wildcard patterns supported.  What I'd like to do is provide boosting of a
last-name field when I do a search.

Thanks

alessandro ferrucci =]

Re: boost field without dismax