Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by Tobias Hilka <th...@vps.de> on 2006/10/30 15:01:02 UTC

Release 3.2.1

Hello everyone,

First of all thanks for the bugfix concerning oracle and limit/offset
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TORQUE-10). Working fine now.

Do you plan to implement some kind of limit/offset feature for MS SQL
Server? I know, the database does not support it natively, but I heard that
there are ways to get there by inversing an inner query and applying limits
in inner and outer query. Any plans on that?

Are there any concrete plans on a date for the release of Torque 3.2.1?
Would be great to use this version rather than a snapshot taken from svn.

Tobias

Re: Release 3.2.1

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <th...@tewisoft.de>.
Tobias Hilka wrote:
> Do you plan to implement some kind of limit/offset feature for MS SQL
> Server? I know, the database does not support it natively, but I heard that
> there are ways to get there by inversing an inner query and applying limits
> in inner and outer query. Any plans on that?

MS-SQL limits are implemented by means of the "set rowcount" feature as
are Sybase limits. Offsets are not implemented at the moment and are
being handled by Village.

Bye, Thomas.