Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Moritz Hammer <mh...@proxy.mgm-edv.de> on 2002/01/11 19:09:28 UTC

Deserialize a complicated fault object

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to send a complex exception using SOAPs fault handler. This
exception contains various data (so the Exception supports
getLocalizedMessage() in various languages). It was easy to get this
message serialized by extending ExceptionFaultListener, but I did not
find an easy way to reconstruct the Exception again. Writing a
deserializer all on my own seems quite much work and a complete waste of
time, since there are deserializers - but how can I access them? I've
written deserializers implementing the Deserializer interface, but I do
not know how to write one without those helping objects like
XMLJavaMappingRegistry.

Thanks,
  Moritz
(MGM-EDV Beratung, Munich, Germany)

RE: Deserialize a complicated fault object

Posted by Chris Means <cm...@empowergeo.com>.
Don't be scared of serializers/deserializers.

They're easy, and worth it for the extra control they provide.

Try one with a simple object with one property.

Just a suggestion.

-Chris

Posted by Chris Means <cm...@empowergeo.com>.