Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Aline <al...@webcaster.fr> on 2002/03/14 14:04:42 UTC

problem with context-param in web.xml

Hello,

I work with Tomcat 4.0 and I'd like to set a context-param in my web.xml
file of my web application.
So I do this :

<web-app>

<servlet>
  <servlet-name>add</servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>AddServlet</servlet-class
</servlet>

<context-param>
     <param-name>logFile</param-name>

<param-value>c:/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1/webapps/myWebapps/file</param-value>
 </context-param>

 <error-page>
  <exception-type>javax.servlet.UnavailableException</exception-type>
  <location> /unavailable.html </location>
 </error-page>

</web-app>

But when I declare my context-param and then when I restart my server, I
have a SAXException whitch explain me that the web.xml file is not correct.

Can anyone help me please?

thanks.
Aline
WEBCASTER
T +33 (0)3 28 36 25 25
F +33 (0)3 20 13 06 04
http://www.oeilpouroeil.fr
http://www.visiodrome.com

Re: problem with context-param in web.xml

Posted by Martin Heusel <mh...@cs.tu-berlin.de>.
Aline wrote:

> <servlet>
>   <servlet-name>add</servlet-name>
>   <servlet-class>AddServlet</servlet-class
> </servlet>

 > a SAXException whitch explain me that the web.xml file is not correct.

there's a missing closing bracket </servlet-class ..

regards

   martin

Re: problem with context-param in web.xml

Posted by jmt <jm...@dxdydz.net>.
You've got to follow the order of ELEMENTS as specified in the Java Web
Application Descriptor DTD :

<servlet> ...</servlet> is supposed to be after <context-param>
...</context-param>

jmt