Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by lucky gupta <un...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/08 13:39:31 UTC

Reading Header

Hi,
Can some one please point me to Axis2 resource or tell me how I should be
doing following -
I want to get a UserId/Password in all Web Service requests.I need to
extract that and authenticate the user by invoking a 3rd party
authentication API.
I am a lil scared of doing a handler stuff to extract these fields from
header and invoke authentication but this is the only thing coming to my
mind with the limited knowledge of Axis2 I am having.
Has any one walked the path and guide me? I am sure it must there somewhere
in  Axis2 tutorials and I am trying to get it mean while iit would be great
if experienced and subject experts can provide their valuable suggestion.

Thanks a ton

Re: Reading Header

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

>  I have lot of
> questions now and want to resolve them myself.

Cool. Feel free to post any questions you have to
rampart-dev@ws.apache.org.

> where I can read all about Axis2 SYSTEMATICALLY ?

I think this would help too.
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/articles.html

thanks,
nandana

http://nandana83.blogspot.com/
http://nandanasm.wordpress.com/

Re: Reading Header

Posted by lucky gupta <un...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply,The article you sent are helping but on first
look it appear that Rampart will enforce the authentication also and
will read from predefined fields( UserName/Password). I have lot of
questions now and want to resolve them myself.
Is there any book on Axis2, where I can read all about Axis2 SYSTEMATICALLY ?

Thanks a lot

Re: Reading Header