Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Luca Zago <lz...@e-tree.com> on 2003/01/15 17:17:38 UTC

Tyrex and Slide Transactions

Hi,
I know it's a quite discussed topic, but sincerly the solution proposed
is not so clear for me. The scenario is Slide in Tomcat 4.1.12, with the
datascources manageg by Tyrex 1.0

The problem is the javax.transaction.HeuristixMixedException, when Slide
tries to do the commit on the connection, here I quote the solution
proposed from a message found in the slide-user mainling list archive:

"First observation is that under this version of Tomcat, slide would not
load throwing HeuristixMixedExceptions.
This was solved as per the transaction guidelines by removing commits
and rollbacks from the J2EEStore.java"

what I did not understand is that if J2EEStore doesn't commit the
connection and then the trasaction, who did it? has somebody understood
the real reasons for which Slide raised that HeuristixMixedException?
Sombody have configured a scenario like this before, and made it work
properly?

thank you in advance.

--
Luca Zago
Senior IT Developer

E-TREE S.p.a.  Via Fonderia 43 - 31100 Treviso (Italy)
phone +39.0422.3107
fax   +39.0422.310888
http://www.e-tree.com          http://www.webanana.com