Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Joshi, Shital" <Sh...@gs.com> on 2014/03/26 19:14:33 UTC

solrcloud distributed search questions

Hi,

We have SolrCloud cluster (5 shards and 2 replicas) on 10 boxes.

When GUI fires query to solr url:

1.      The node which receives query, Does it send query to each shard in parallel or in sequence?
2.      From log file, how do we find total time taken to integrate results from different shards?
3.      In log we see lines starting with string like "[qtp971840267-1789] INFO  org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore  ? [collection1]" What is the meaning of qtp971840267-1789 here?
4.      Since we have 5 shards, we should see original query in log file of all shards. But at times we only see in 4 shards. Why would this happen? We confirmed that no shard is down.

Thanks.