Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Ajay Kumar <aj...@hortonworks.com> on 2019/04/30 04:04:57 UTC

VOTE: Hadoop Ozone 0.4.0-alpha RC2

Hi All,

We have created the third release candidate (RC2) for Apache Hadoop Ozone 0.4.0-alpha.

This release contains security payload for Ozone. Below are some important features in it:

  *   Hadoop Delegation Tokens and Block Tokens supported for Ozone.
  *   Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) Support - Allows data blocks to be encrypted-at-rest.
  *   Kerberos support for Ozone.
  *   Certificate Infrastructure for Ozone  - Tokens use PKI instead of shared secrets.
  *   Datanode to Datanode communication secured via mutual TLS.
  *   Ability secure ozone cluster that works with Yarn, Hive, and Spark.
  *   Skaffold support to deploy Ozone clusters on K8s.
  *   Support S3 Authentication Mechanisms like - S3 v4 Authentication protocol.
  *   S3 Gateway supports Multipart upload.
  *   S3A file system is tested and supported.
  *   Support for Tracing and Profiling for all Ozone components.
  *   Audit Support - including Audit Parser tools.
  *   Apache Ranger Support in Ozone.
  *   Extensive failure testing for Ozone.

The RC artifacts are available at https://home.apache.org/~ajay/ozone-0.4.0-alpha-rc2/

The RC tag in git is ozone-0.4.0-alpha-RC2 (git hash 4ea602c1ee7b5e1a5560c6cbd096de4b140f776b)

Please try out<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Running+via+Apache+Release>, vote, or just give us feedback.

The vote will run for 5 days, ending on May 4, 2019, 04:00 UTC.

Thank you very much,

Ajay

Re: VOTE: Hadoop Ozone 0.4.0-alpha RC2

Posted by Hanisha Koneru <hk...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Thanks Ajay for putting up the RC.

+1 non-binding.
Verified the following:
- Built from source
- Deployed binary to a 3 node docker cluster and ran basic sanity checks
- Ran smoke tests

Thanks
Hanisha

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding).

Thanks the continuous effort Ajay. This is the best Ozone release
package what I have ever seen:

I checked the following:

 * Signatures are checked: OK
 * sha512 checksums are checked: OK
 * can be built from the source: OK
 * smoketest executed from the bin package (after build): OK
 * smoketest executed from the src package: OK
 * 'ozone version' shows the right version info: OK
 * docs are included: OK
 * docs are visible from the web ui: OK
 * Using latest release ratis: OK

Marton

Posted by Hanisha Koneru <hk...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Ajay Kumar <aj...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Thanks for trying out ozone-0.4.0 RC2 release artifacts and for your votes. (Re-sending this mail to make minor correction in list of binding +1.)

The vote is PASSED with the following details:
*  3 binding +1, (thanks 	 Arpit, Xiaoyu & Anu)
*  4 non-binding +1, (thanks Eric, Dinesh, Marton) together with my closing +1 [*]
*  no -1/0

Thanks again, will publish the release now.

Note: ** We have addressed the issue highlighted by Xiaoyu, renaming "hadoop-3.3.0-SNAPSHOT-src-with-hdds" to " hadoop-ozone-0.4.0-alpha-src".
Git hash still remains same. MD5 checksum has been updated for renamed file. Release documentation for ozone has been updated to handle this in future releases.

Ajay

On 5/7/19, 9:13 AM, "Ajay Kumar" <aj...@cloudera.com> wrote:

    Thanks for trying out ozone-0.4.0 RC2 release artifacts and for your votes.

    The vote is PASSED with the following details:
    *  3 binding +1, (thanks 	 Arpit, Xiaoyu & Jitendra)
    *  4 non-binding +1, (thanks Eric, Dinesh, Marton) together with my closing +1 [*]
    *  no -1/0

    Thanks again, will publish the release now.

    Note: ** We have addressed the issue highlighted by Xiaoyu, renaming "hadoop-3.3.0-SNAPSHOT-src-with-hdds" to " hadoop-ozone-0.4.0-alpha-src".
    Git hash still remains same. MD5 checksum has been updated for renamed file. Release documentation for ozone has been updated to handle this in future releases.

    Ajay

    On 5/5/19, 8:05 PM, "Xiaoyu Yao" <xy...@cloudera.com> wrote:

        +1 Binding. Thanks all who contributed to the release.

        + Download sources and verify signature.
        + Build from source and ran docker-based ad-hot security tests.
        ++ From 1 datanode scale to 3 datanodes, verify certificates were correctly issued when security enabled
        ++ Smoke test for both non-secure and secure mode.
        ++ Put/Get/Delete/Rename Key with
        +++ Kerberos testing
        +++ Delegation token testing with DTUtil CLI and MR jobs.
        +++ S3 token.

        Just have one minor question for the expanded source code which points to hadoop-3.3.0-SNAPSHOT-src-with-hdds/hadoop-ozone. But in hadoop-ozone/pom.xml, we explicitly declare dependency on Hadoop 3.2.0.
        I understand we just take the trunk source code(3.3.0-SNAPSHOT up to the ozone-0.4 RC) here, should we fix this by giving the git hash of the trunk or clarify it to avoid confusion?
        This might be done by just updating the name of the binaries without reset the release itself.

        -Xiaoyu

        On 5/3/19, 4:07 PM, "Dinesh Chitlangia" <dc...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

            +1 (non-binding)

            - Built from sources and ran smoke test
            - Verified all checksums
            - Toggled audit log and verified audit parser tool

            Thanks Ajay for organizing the release.

            Cheers,
            Dinesh

            On 5/3/19, 5:42 PM, "Eric Yang" <ey...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

                +1

FW: VOTE: Hadoop Ozone 0.4.0-alpha RC2

Posted by Anu Engineer <ae...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1 (Binding)

-- Built from sources.
-- Ran smoke tests and verified them.

--Anu

Posted by Anu Engineer <ae...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1 (Binding)

Posted by Anu Engineer <ae...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1 (Binding)

Posted by Anu Engineer <ae...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1 (Binding)

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding).

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding).

Posted by Arpit Agarwal <aa...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Thanks for building this RC Ajay.

+1 binding.

- verified signatures and checksums
- built from source
- deployed to 3 node cluster, tried out basic operations
- ran smoke tests
- ran unit tests
- LICENSE/NOTICE files look ok

There is an extra file in the source root named JenkinsFile.

Posted by Arpit Agarwal <aa...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Hanisha Koneru <hk...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Arpit Agarwal <aa...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Arpit Agarwal <aa...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.