Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Nagpal, Vikas" <vi...@utmb.edu> on 2002/08/22 19:12:59 UTC

Trying to connect to the database using the Servlets

Hi Everybody,

We are trying to connect with our 'X' database with the help of servlets. We
are using the socket connection to the server and try to match the sequence
we paste in our User Interface and correspondingly generate the graph of the
matched sequence. But somehow we not able to connect with the database. It
flashes the following error message:

Error in JCS:: java.net.ConnectionException: Connection refused: connect

Where JCS is the server we have generated ourselves to connect to the 'X'
database.

So is this error to do with the connection code we write or something wrong
with the <USERNAME> and <PASSWORD> we are using to connect to our database.
To resolve we have tried importing packages like java.net.*. We donot have
any other clue.
Can anyone help.

Thanks in advance
Vikas.

Re: Trying to connect to the database using the Servlets

Posted by RamNivas <rn...@hotpop.com>.
need to check ports of the database & your application ,  security options
in database.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>