Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Heligon Sandra <sa...@nextream.fr> on 2002/09/05 17:45:48 UTC

Tomcat file systems and CVS repository tree HELP

	Hi,

	I use CVS to archive the files of my application.
	My CVS tree strucutre is something like that:
	MyApp
		Archive - contains MyApp.war
		Doc	- contains documentation
		Project - contains the JBuilder project for my application
		Src	- contains all JavaSources required for the
application
			  (Action, Form, JavaBean classes)

	But under Tomcat I must use a files system like
	MyApp
		Meta-Inf
		Layouts
		Images
		Pages
		Web-Inf
			at thre root we find all the configuration files
			- classes
			- lib
			-src (that points on the CVS MyApp/src directory)

	I thought that I could have two separated strcuture and save only
the CVS strcure and
	the .war in that allows to deploy the application under Tomcat.
	Do I must also archive JSP and configuration file (Web.xml) ?
	It is bad to only archive the .war, isn't it ? because if I change a
JSP file I must update
	the .war in order to check it in CVS.

	We must have only one file strcutre, isn't it ?

	MyApp
		Archive - contains MyApp.war
		Doc	- contains documentation
		Project - contains the JBuilder project for my application
		Tomcat - root for the Tomcat structure
			Meta-Inf
			Layouts
			Images
			Pages
			Web-Inf
				at thre root we find all the configuration
files
				- classes
				- lib
				-src (that points on the CVS MyApp/src
directory)

	But I don't need to save classes and lib in CVS. It is not a good
solution.
	How do you work ?
	Please help me.

	Thanks in advance.